The Quran is the Holy Scripture of the Muslims and is one of the most recited books in the world and truly the most memorized book in the world also. The Quran was revealed to prophet Muhammad (SAW) over 1400 years ago as a mercy from Allah (SWT) towards mankind and in it are the laws and rules that Allah (SWT) has sent towards humanity in order to enable them to live a prosperous life in this world and a successful life in the next. The importance and value of the Quran can never be measured by anything we human’s possess, for the Quran is not simply a collection of verses and words that we recite, rather it is a the direct word of Allah (SWT). Perhaps the best way that the importance of the Quran can be imparted on people is to look at what the Prophet who it was revealed upon had to say about it.
Importance of Learning the Quran in the Words of Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
1. “The best of you are those who learn the Quran and teach it.” Bukhari, Tirmidhi
2. “Allah has His own people among mankind.” They asked: “O Messenger of Allah, who are they?” He said: “The people of the Quran, the people of Allah and those who are closest to Him.” Ibn Majah
3. “This Quran is the Banquet of Allah. Learn as much as you can from His banquet. This Quran is the Rope of Allah, and it is the clear Light and [the effective and beneficial] Healing. It is a protection for the one who clings to it and a rescue for the one who follows it. It is not crooked and so puts things straight. It does not deviate so as to be blamed. Its wonders do not cease. It does not wear out with much repetition. So recite it for Allah will reward you for the recitation of every letter….” Hakim
4. “…A group of people do not gather in a house among the Houses of Allah (a mosque) reciting the Book of Allah and studying it amongst themselves – except that tranquillity descends upon them, they are enveloped by mercy and surrounded by the angels – and Allah mentions them with those with Him (the higher angels).” Abu Dawud
5. “Whoever teaches one verse of the Book of Allah Almighty, will be rewarded (every time) it is recited.” al-Silsilah as-Sahihah
Where to learn the Quran
There was a time in the world when in order to gain even a verse’s worth of understanding of the Quran; people had to travel hundreds of miles all over the world in search of good teachers or places of knowledge. Today that is no longer the case, though not many people seem to appreciate this fact very much. Today those people who wish to learn the holy scripture can abundantly find willing teachers and institutes, especially in Muslim countries and even those that are located elsewhere in the world where there are not many places where they can learn about Islam, these people can simply join Quran online classes that are provided by numerous online academies nowadays.